Monday, August 31, 2020

Inspiration...Jacket

 Fall is coming. Are you ready?

Here's a lovely jacket - 


This is the Tweed Blazer from Akris punto. Price tag: $1490.00. Details:  notched collar, press button closure, long sleeves, side seam pockets, relaxed fit.  

I am in love with this jacket.  If there was a spare $1500 in the budget, this would be mine but I don't.  I would also feel extremely guilty over spending that much on one garment.  I doubt that I spent that much in a year on clothes.  However, I do have a lovely tweed in my stash that has been waiting patiently to come back in style and yes, it is blue and black.  Must be fated.  Let's see if I can locate a similar pattern:



This is Seamwork Jill coatigan pattern.  The silhouette is close.  The would need to be shortened, side pockets added, and a notch collar created.  Notch collar tutorial is here.  This is the first time I have looked closely at this pattern.  It would be very nice in coat weight fabric.  


This is Seamwork Delevan blazer pattern.  This is a close silhouette.  It would need to be lengthened, possibly width added for the hips, side pockets, and a notched collar.  Notch collar tutorial is here.


This is Simplicity 8697.  This may be the closest pattern to the inspiration photo.  The only change that I can see is the changing the patch pockets for the side seam pockets.   However, the patch pockets are good also.  

What do you think of the jacket styling?  Is it something you would consider?

I hope you're inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

( Affiliate notification.  If you were to purchase a Seamwork subscription, you would get $3.00 off and I would also get a small benefit at no cost to you.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment