Thursday, August 6, 2020

Seamwork Bertie Muslin Part 2

I found a little time to work on my Bertie muslin.  Here's the link to the part 1 of the Bertie Muslin.  Here's the second go round:

Here you can see that I have raised the neckline.  It was raised by 2-inches.  I think that this will be good.  I can see a bit of ruffling along the edge.  We'll see what I can do about that.

Here I've added a 5/8" dart.  Seems like a lot but it took most of the wrinkles away.  I'm okay with the remaining wrinkles.  I will be adding 1 1/4" to the length of that bodice piece to restore the length.

Here you can see that I have added a second dart for the rounded back adjustment.  In looking at the picture for the side, I would say that the back neckline is in the correct spot now.  It looks a little bit like the sleeve seam is falling off my shoulders.  I may take a small dart in the pattern to move the seam to the correct spot.

If you look closely, I have tightened up the neck line with a small dart.  This should prevent any additional gaping in the neckline.  

All of these changes will be transferred to the paper pattern.  The elastic has finally arrived.  So, I am ready to cut out and stitch.  This will be my first fall/winter item.

Let me know if you are interested in any tutorials on how I made any of these changes.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment