Thursday, September 12, 2019

Ace Funnel Neck Top...

The September Seamwork magazine came out with a cute funnel neck top.  It is a 3-piece pattern and I had to give it a try.  Here's the line drawings:


The hardest part is putting the pdf printout together.  You must invest in tape.

Here is the finished product:



Conclusion:
1.  I was able to make this sweater with 1 1/2 yards of a sweater knit.
2.  This was super easy.
3.   I will make this again.
4.  Overall, I think I would prefer a little more ease.  This is most likely an age thing. 
5.  I would prefer a little more length.
6.  I would prefer a deeper hem.

Changes for next time:

1.  1/2" sway back alteration
2.  Add 1" to the length of the top and add 1/2" to the length of the sleeve.
3.  Either stitch slighter smaller seams or add a little at the side seams. 

I'm trying to enjoy my Seamwork subscription by being involved in the Community and trying the patterns.  If you would like to give it a try, use this link to get $3.00 off your first month.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment