Monday, September 3, 2018

Inspiration...Cardigan

I found this lovely cardigan:


It is the Cashmere Swing Cardigan by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $498.00.  If you want a closer look, you can find it at Neiman Marcus.

This pattern reminds me very much of two patterns at Pamela's Patterns:


This is #110 Cool Cardigans Draped Front.


This is #111 Cool Cardigans Banded Front.

I know that I have #111 in the pattern stash.  I'm not sure about #110.  Do you know of a cardigan pattern that would work?

I went looking for a cashmere knit and found it.  For the most part, it seems to be less expensive to just purchase the designer garment, if the color is good for you.   Pricing that I found was between $175 and $250 a yard.  That's a bit steep.  I would also be afraid of cutting the fabric at that price point.  Mood did have some less expensive blends.  Maybe this is the case where a polyester blend sweater knit would work.

Hope you're inspired.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment