Monday, September 17, 2018

Inspiration...Knit Pencil Skirt

This is such a simple silhouette and would be very easy to duplicate:


This is the Metallic Animal Print Pencil Skirt by M Mossoni.  Price tag: $645.00.

I will say that it is not the fabric that interests me in this skirt.  It is the actual silhouette.  This is a knit pencil skirt with a below the knee hemline. Folks, there is no slit for walking. Does the skirt not need a slit because it is knit?  It seems like it would still hobble you a little bit but really you don't know until you try it.   It also comes to the natural waistline.

The waistband definitely lends itself toward yoga styling - easy pull-on style.  I would guess that the waistband is 2".

Silhouette Patterns has the Yoga Skirt pattern:


It is more of a an a-line in shape rather than the straight pencil.  I'm pretty sure that Peggy did a video showing how to make this pattern into a pencil skirt.

The other pattern that comes to mind is Pamela's Patterns Magic Pencil Skirt:


You don't get the yoga-style waistband on this pattern but you do get the high waist pattern.  Either way you get an elastic pull-on skirt.

I'm admit that I have both patterns in my stash.  I have made the Magic Pencil Skirt and it turned out very nice.

Hope you're inspired to sew.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment