Friday, March 16, 2018

Mom Jeans...

Do you recognize the "Mom" jeans?  I really never thought I would wear them again but I am.  I have searched high and low for jeans made out of cotton denim.  Do you know how rare it is 100% cotton denim jean?  I searched many of the local stores in my area and didn't find any jeans made from cotton denim with the exception of the men's department.  Yes, I tried on men's jeans and they almost fit.

Oh, I found lots of garments that had the look of jeans.  They were made from what I refer to as "fashion" denim.  Fabric content ranges any where from a cotton/rayon/polyester/lycra blend to a cotton/lycra blend.  Yes, folks, I put the stretch denim into the fashion denim category.  For me, it is has more than 1% lycra, I am constantly pulling up my pants and it doesn't matter if the pants are super tight.  Many "fashion" denim that is 100% cotton doesn't seem to be dyed correctly.  What I mean by this is the dye isn't stable and is constantly bleeding dye when you wear them.  I can think of at least 3 companies who sell such denim and the jeans are anywhere from $50/each to $100/each. 

Back to the "Mom" jeans....I ended up on the Lee website which for some reason I can't order from.  I'm fairly positive that it is a browser issue but haven't figured out the issue.  So, I searched the site for 100% cotton riders.  Low and behold, they do still make 100% cotton jeans and I finally found some at JC Penny's website.  The number one complaint with that I saw with the jeans was the size.  Everyone complained about them running small.  I ordered the size that the Lee sizing chart suggested.  Sizing was perfect.

So here's the jeans that I ordered:


Lee 100% Cotton Relaxed Fit Jeans  -  High-waisted relaxed fit jeans with pockets designed to make sure the bottom looks big.  LOL

I'm happy with my new jeans.  They stay put. I'm not constantly pulling them up.  The only thing that would make them better is a darker wash.  Thanks Lee for making a 100% cotton women's jean.

The search for a 100% cotton jean was many on-line orders and a lot of wasted time.  I do indeed intend to learn to make my own jeans.  Maybe in the fall I will make time to do this.  Have you made you own 100% cotton jeans?  How did it turn out?  What pattern did you use?

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. I heard a man on tv say to buy a size smaller so the back of the waist fits. But he was talking about most jeans.

    Thank you so much. I hate mixed product jeans. They get too tight & the ones that fit make lower back ache. I will be getting a couple pair of mom jeans. Blair used to sell them. In fact I have 3 pair for 10 years. My sister buys male jeans. I hate online shopping but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thank you again. The last pair I bought from another brand cost $50 Another $2 at Goodwill. Cotton helps keep your weight in control. Especially with the cost of $50+ a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about buying a size smaller but if you're purchasing from somewhere that you can do a return in person then the shipping cost will not be a factor. Good luck with the jeans.

      Delete