Monday, February 22, 2016

When is Knitting Like Sewing?...

Have you ever given it much thought?

Both knitting and sewing are fun to do but fitting is when they are a like and equally discouraging.  I just finished watching a class on Craftsy called "Feminine Fit".  This is one of the best class I have taken in a long time.  Don't get me wrong.  I like all of my Craftsy classes but this one went into a lot of depth on how to get an item to fit well.  How to measure and then transfer that information back to your pattern. Fitting really isn't that much of an issue unless you have larger bumps, very short, very tall, narrow shoulders, wide shoulders, wide hips, skinny.etc. I think you get the idea.  This is exactly the same as when you sew.

So, if you're a knitter, do you go through the effort to make an item fit by adding shaping and changing the pattern to fit? or do you knit the item for the desired fit by using the bust measurement?

I have a friend who doesn't think it is worth the effort to make an item fit.  She just wants to knit and as long as the item goes around her she is happy.  I'm going to follow through on the project for the "Feminine Fit" class and see if it is worth the effort.  The project for the class will cost somewhere between $30 and $50 in yarn.  I am not a fast knitter so I can even guess at the time.

What do you think?  Is a good fit worth the time and effort it takes to create it?

I'm off to print off the materials for measuring and graphing the correct.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment