Monday, May 11, 2015

Sewing Curves Part II...

This weekend, I returned to my sewing of the curves for the drunkard's path.  I ended up matching 21 blocks to create a table runner and of the additional 13 blocks that I made I had an issue with one.  This makes me think that the issue is with me and technique that I'm using to feed the fabric through the machine.  Once the blocks were created, I played with the layout a bit.  Here are the two options that I came up with:



I think both options are good but my husband liked the first one a little better so that is the one I did.  I'm guessing that if I had mixed the colors up a bit more there would have been more arrangement options.  I will try it out next time I'm playing.  Here's the finished table runner top:


It went together easily with no matching issues.  Now, I need to get the backing pieced and decide on the quilting design.

I also decided to work on my free form curves.  Here's my start:


I liked the look of my first two sets of free form curves so much that I decided to do two more so that I could make a set of four place mats.  Above is the second set of fat quarters that I cut and you can see two of the five cuts that I happily made.  Do you see my mistake?  The fabric on top was suppose to be right side up instead of right side down.  I suppose I should be happy that I didn't make a big stack of fabric and cut.  I will get the first two trimmed and ready to turn into place mats.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment