Thursday, June 17, 2010

School is out....

Where has the week gone? I tell you it has just disappeared. I don't like that the days disappear so quickly. I wish that time would slow down just bit. Remember when you were a kid, how the days seemed so long?

Monday, I called about the business who's catalog showed the ruler that I've been looking for. It wasn't in stock. Yes, I was really bummed. This means that the broker ruler will remain in my sewing room to be used on the days that I want bias trim a particular width. I ended up ordering a June Tailor ruler. I hope that I like it.

Tuesday, I was gifted with a sewing machine in a cabinet. I accepted it because it was free. A quick look at it told me that it wasn't as young as they tried to tell me it was. They said that it was 8 to 10 years old but this is a fairly heavy metal machine. I had never heard of the brand - National - before and of course, there wasn't a manual available. This is a super stretch 100 series. I have taken the machine to the office/store.

Wednesday, I played with the machine gifted on Tuesday. It is in good working condition and runs like a champ. I was surprised as the neighbor who I received the machine from had never mentioned that she sewed. I also have located someone who has a copy of the manual and is going to email it to me. Yeah! better than no manual at all. There are two thread spindles on this machine and I would like to know how the 2nd one is used. Also, I need to find out what kind of needles it takes. The machine threads from side-to-side instead of front-to-back.

Thursday, first day of summer for the kids. YEAH! My son is going to be working with me at the office/store. He did pretty good today. He worked to 2 hours without any complaints. I was actually amazed that I was able to keep him busy that long but I'm giving him things that need to be double-checked in inventory before I place another order. I have also been working on creating pattern books and he's helping making copies of the front/back covers.

If anyone knows anything about the Super Stretch 100 series from National, I would love to hear from you.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment