Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Preparing for the next project.

The next project on my list is a curtain for my deck. I have an outdoor fabric that is dark green with a white strip and I purchased an outdoor thread. Everything has been measured and I've calculated length and width of each panel. I've purchased a felting foot for my machine. What is slowing me down? I've never worked with the outdoor fabrics before. What if I mess it up? I do have a book - "Sewing for Outdoor Spaces" by Carol Zentgraf. I suppose I should sit down and read about anything that may be special about this fabric before I cut it. However, there is no information about making an outdoor curtain. I'm planning on using curtain grommets with roller shower clips. Hopefully, it will work out. I'm unsure of the spacing for the grommets. Any ideas on how often they should be spaced? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment