Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! and etc....

Hope everyone had a wonderful day! This year we stayed in PA. We fixed a lovely meal and then spent part of the afternoon geocaching. There is a cache at the park down the street. We finally managed to find one of the four hidden clues in the park but the second clue appeared to be missing. Others have figured it out so we are going to keep trying. This evening found us trying to figure out a new board game "The Pirate King". This is a long game to play. After two hours, we decided to take a break till tomorrow.

As far as sewing, the past week has found me mending. It is not my favorite thing to do but it was just sewing on buttons so it was not so bad. I did work on redrawing the Simplicity 3789 top and changed from a 12 to a 14 with the D front, then used the pivot/slide method of alteration to finish up. I think that I have a workable pattern now. I just need to locate a spot and an hour of extra time to get the top cut out.

I have been working on rearranging the existing sewing room. I have moved the bookshelf and the sewing table. I'm going through my books and magazines as I have more items than space. I will be parting with my collection of Sew News. These magazines will be listed at Pattern Review by year for free just pay the shipping. There are other magazines that I will be listing with just shipping payment. I still need to go through the collection of books. I don't know what I will be doing with those books. Haven't decided whether or not to donate to the library or attempt to sell. I have also managed to get two the machines back to the sewing table so once I get a chair I will be able to sew. Also, I will have space to embroidery with the Diamond. I have not embroidered with this machine except in an owner's class. It's not convenient to carry that machine and it's many parts to classes.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment