Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Simplicity 3789, Threads - 01/2009

I have started the paper fitting of the Simplicity 3789. DH has been helping a little bit. I think I need him to take some pictures so I can see what he's talking about. The back on most tops is usually too wide me and from what he is telling me the size that I choose to way too narrow from about mid back to the hem. Of course this is an easy fix for most pattern just move over and trace the next size. I haven't done this yet. Maybe tonight I will be able to retrace that portion of the pattern. The front looks good. The center line is staying centered and the side seam is where it's suppose to be. Maybe when I'm done I can make a couple of tops from this pattern.

Have you read the article on white shirts in Threads 01/2009? It is really an outstanding article for all three of the designers. I printed the extra collar information from Lois Cutting today.

It's off to do more housework. The school gardening club is in a couple of hours and I still have a few things that I would like to accomplish before then. I just wish that it was warmer outside because I don't like standing around outside for long when it's cold.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment