Friday, December 19, 2014

Easy Sewing...

I've done all the hemming that I want to do for a while.  Sewing hems by machine is easy but all the pressing for the hems isn't much fun.  Here are the hemming projects:





The tablecloths were actually finished a couple of weeks ago and they turned out well and help the dining be a little more festive.  It's a shame you can't see the border on the plaid table cloth.  It is very pretty.


A couple of batik scarfs.  Very easy except for all the pressing of the hems.  I'm pleased with the scarfs.

For all the hemming, I used the walking foot on my machine.  This keeps the really long seams and hems from shifting.

Hopefully, I will get to move on to a little more interesting sewing this weekend.  My order from Fabric.com finally arrived some two weeks after it was ordered.  I think that is the slowest delivery I have ever gotten from them.  The sweater knits are a bit thin but the black ribbed one is really nice and I wish I had gotten more of it.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment