Thursday, July 23, 2026

Inspiration...Trouser Skirt & Jacket

 This outfit screams fall to me:


This is the Techno Cotton A-Line Midi Skirt by Brunello Cucinelli.  Price tag: $3,100.00.  Details:  high waist, single pleat front, angled side slip pockets, a-line silhouette, hem falls below knees, button tab/zip fly, belt loops, cotton/nylon/polyamide, lined, dry clean only.

Here is a close up of the skirt:


Here is a winter version of the same skirt pattern:


Price tag: $3,650.00.  Fabric:  wool/nylon/polyamide/elastane.

Now that I have shown the skirt in two different versions, I hope that your creative mode is roaring.  Unfortunately, I could not have an exact pattern like this.  My guess is that a pattern could be found in the resale market from the 80s, 90s, and maybe the 2000s.

The jean style jacket.  I would say that if you are going to make one jacket for fall/winter, this is the style to make.  I am seeing if everywhere in leather or suede.  I have been looking for a faux leather/suede that is washable.  I know it is out there.  Jacket patterns:


This is the Seamwork Audrey pdf pattern.  It calls for denim or canvas but I think that a faux leather or suede would be suitable.  

There are many jean style jackets patterns.  So, really just pick your favorite and run with it.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment