Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Sewjo Returning...

 It has been a long has been since the end of April since I have turned my sewing machines on.   The sewjo has been on a long vacation.  In an attempt to get things going again, I decided to start on the mending pile.  The pile includes many items:

1.  A pair of pants for my Mom that needs shortening.  I do this out of love and will only do this sort of alterations for family members.

2.  I made flannel pjs a couple of years ago.  The elastic just gave out on them.  So so much as I dislike this type of mending, I am going to replace the elastic.  Ugh!  A lot of time and effort went into making the pjs and generally they last a very long time.  This will be worth my time to replace the elastic even if I am ripping out stitch and serging.  There are two sets of pjs.

3.  A pair of jeans for my husband.  I actually do not mind this type of mending.  This is just a general hole repair and does not take long to do.

4.  Replace elastic on a few of my slips.

I think this all that is mending that is hanging out on my sewing table but who knows what else I may find in the pile.  Hopefully, I can get this done fairly quickly and this will really get the ole sewjo going.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment