Monday, July 8, 2024

Inspiration...Bomber Sweater

 It time to start putting some thought into cooler weather items.  I found this bomber sweater that I thought was interesting:


This is the Lafayette 148 New York Cotton-Silk Tape Bomber Sweater.  Price tag:  $798.00.  Details:  Approximately 23-inches from shoulder to hem; ribbed neck, cuffs, and hems; stand collar, two-way zip front; long sleeves; fitted silhouette; cotton/silk; zipper face - polyester, lycra.  For close-up views, check out Neiman Marcus website.

This is a really nice casual jacket.  It comes in limited colors of black and white.  I think I really like this jacket but the price tag is not good.  At least, for me.

As  far as patterns, there are tons of bomber jacket patterns available. Almost every pattern company have a version but none that I could find have a similar collar.  So, you could just use your favorite bomber jacket pattern out of a sweater knit fabric of some type.  Knit Fabric dot com has a nice selection of sweater knits.  Cali Fabrics has a selection of mostly printed sweater knits.  I did find a pattern that looked similar (McCalls 3106).  It appears to be an older pattern and there are several available online.  It is more of a fitted jacket than a bomber but you could still use the sweater if you chose.

I am an affiliate of Knit Fabric dot com.  Any purchases made through a link will result in a small commission at no addition cost to you.  Thank you!

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment