Monday, March 25, 2024

Inspiration...Skirt & Top

 Sometimes, you just see something you love.  This is it for me folks.  I love gingham. 

This is the Eileen Fisher Sleeveless Organic Linen Shirt. Price tag: $128.00.  Details:  yarn dyed check, 25-inches long from shoulder to hem, point collar, button front, sleeveless, box pleated back yoke, hem side slits, relaxed fit, organic linen, machine wash.

This is the Eileen Fisher Crinkled Gingham Organic Linen Midi Skirt.  Price tag: $168.00.  Details:  yarn dyed check, elasticized waistband,  on seam pockets, hem falls below knee, a-line silhouette, pull-on style, organic linen, machine wash.

Admittedly, this outfit looks a little better with the shirt tucked into the skirt.  You will need to check the Neiman Marcus website to see more.  Shall we talk about patterns?  For the shirt, I would say use an already fitted button down shirt pattern like this one: 


This is the Liesl & Co Classic Shirt pattern.  It is well drafted.  The needed changes are removing the sleeves, adjusting the shoulders/armscye area, and maybe flattening out the hem.   I would be very tempted to leave the hem the way it is.  Here is another option:



This is the Seamwork Willis sleeveless button down shirt.  This is a good option for the inspiration photo.  I think the hem needs to be adjusted but otherwise it is good.

Now, for the skirt pattern.  I found a freebie for you if you do not mind making your own pattern - 1-hour a-line skirt.  So, that is the best I could do.  This is about as simple as you can get for a skirt and I could not find one on the big 4 website.  Maybe I gave up too early.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Folks, I am going to take a break from the inspiration posts for a while.  I will return with the post when the fall/winter items start showing up in the stores.  I have more than enough ideas to keep be going for the next three or four months.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment