Friday, March 22, 2024

Another Project Planned...

 I have been slowly working on the slipcover for my chair.  It is definitely a learning experience.  There are two more pieces that need slipcovers made - an ottoman and a loveseat.  The ottoman will be a piece of cake.  I have made a slipcover for it in past and the hardest part with the cording.  All along, I had intended for the ottoman to be different fabric than the chair and loveseat.  I keep thinking that the chair is almost finished and I find something else to be surprised about.   I decided to go ahead and look for fabric for the ottoman and found the fabric guru website.  The prices are excellent and shipping is reasonable.  Here is the fabric that I found:


I thought this fabric would be a perfect color for the blues in my rug.  I will say that I was a little surprised when it showed up.  Instead of the nice dark blue I got this:


This color is more of a denim color.  So, I was a wee bit disappointed.  With that said, the fabric will still work for what I need done.  

With luck, the chair slipcover will be finished soon and I will still have time to make the ottoman slipcover in March.  Although, my health seems to be determined not to allow that to happen.  

If you haven't been to the fabric guru site and you like making home dec projects, go check it out.  The prices are good.  I would advice taking advantage of the swatching services so you do not end up with a surprise like I did.  My husband said he actually liked the fabric better than the one pictured.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment