Monday, March 18, 2024

Inspiration...Linen Shirtdress

The hot days of summer are fast approaching.  This dress would be perfect:


This is the Eileen Fisher Side Slit Organic Linen Midi Shirtdress.  Price tag: $278.00.  Details:  approximately 45" long from shoulder to hem, point collar, button front, short sleeves, chest patch pocket, box pleat back yoke, side-slit hem, hem falls below knee, shirt silhouette, organic linen, machine washable.

I love this style of dress.  I made this dress last fall and decided then that I wanted a dress for summer as well.  The changes are mostly already made.  I would need to add additional length and decide about whether or not I wanted the side slits.  Of course, the sleeve would be short.  Here is the pattern that I used:  


This is the Liesl & Co Classic Shirt pattern,  It is very well drafted.  Instructions for making a dress is on the blog.

Honestly if you have a shirt pattern that you have already fitted, use it. It saves time and money.  A quality linen can be found at fabrics-store.com.  Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment