Monday, February 26, 2024

Inspiration...Silk Blouse

 I am trying to get away from wearing t-shirts on a daily basis.  This little blouse would be great for a daily wearing top:


This is the Button-Down Silk Blouse by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $498.00.  Details:  approximately 26" from shoulder to hem, notched lapel, button front, ruched back yoke, hem side slits, relaxed fit, silk.

The blouse would be much better for daily use in a fabric other than silk.  That is just personal opinion.  I have owned silk that could be washed by machine and it was fine.

Pattern thoughts.  There are two patterns that I would consider.  First, is the Itch to Stitch Nosara Shirt:


This pdf pattern has more of a shirt feel with the collar but it would be easy to add a little cuff and turn the pleats into a gathered area in the middle of the yoke.

This next pattern is much closer to the inspiration photo:


This is the Melody Dolman pdf pattern by Love Notions.  This pattern does not have yoke. I think it would be easy to add one if you were inclined.  

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.  I am an Itch to Stitch affiliate.  If you purchased through one of my links, I will receive a small commission.  Thank you!


Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment