Friday, February 16, 2024

First Shirt Muslin...

 I decided to take a short break from making the slipcovers.  Covering the pillows is fairly easy work.  The chair might be a different story.  So, quick break to muslin a shirt pattern.  Which shirt pattern?  The Nosara Shirt pdf pattern by Itch to Stitch.  Here is the line drawing:



This should be a fairly straight forward little top.  I will use a left over piece of linen fabric that I have to make the test of this pattern.  I carefully measured myself and decided to go up a size.  Why?  Well, I do not think that a size 10 will fit.  I think it will feel too tight across the back.  If it turns out that the 12 is too big, it is easy enough to reprint the pattern and cut again.  I am blending from a 12 to a 16.   I missed the instructions on which pages to print and ended up printing the whole thing.  The extra paper can always be used in another way but I sure wish I had noticed before printing.  I will use a pivot and slide technique for blending the pattern.

Here is my partially completed test garment:





I obviously picked the wrong size for this.  I used the size 12 for the shoulders and neck.  Both are tighter than I would want to wear.  The sleeves are too tight as well and they were blended to a size 16.  There is a issue with dart placement on one side.  One positive is that I put in the best looking darts that I have done in a very long time.  It looks very much like I need a FBA and it is already the largest size.  Maybe the 14/20 will fit differently.

As for this top, I might finish it and donate it.  It is a nice linen fabric. It might just fit someone else better than me.

I am an affiliate of Itch to Stitch.  Any purchases made through the links on this page will result in a small commission for me.  Thank you!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment