Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Muslin...Duet Trousers

 I decided it was time to work on pants again.  My chunkiness makes it hard to fit pants.  Here is my first muslin of the Love Notions Duet Trousers in a woven at knee length with no changes:


The front is not too bad.  Honestly if I was out shopping for pants and they fit like this in the front, I would buy them.  The rise feels a little short.  It does not feel bad it just feels like the waistband is in the wrong place.


Now I am starting to see a few issues on this left side view.  I can see that the darts are too long since they should end at the start of the curve and not the bottom of the curve.  We will investigate the wrinkles a bit more with the next picture.


Now the wrinkles are really showing up.  I am going to start with releasing the seam in the crotch area and see what it looks like.  Most likely I will add some length to the top as there is not any sitting here. The dart length definitely needs to be shortened .


The wrinkles are not as obvious in right side view.  

Here are the items that will definitely be changed in the next of the same muslin:

1.  Shorten back darts.

2.  Release the crotch points.

3.  Check fit and decide whether to add length as an insert all the way around or in the middle to nothing at the sides.  This will be done directly on the muslin.

4. Check fit again with length changes added.

I am always interested in hearing your on fitting.  Feel free to leave comments.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment