Monday, September 5, 2022

Inspiration...T-shirt

 T-shirts are a wardrobe staple.   Here is a beautiful example:


This is the Lafayette 148 New York The Modern Long-Sleeved Tee.  Price tag: $ 248.00.  Details: length approximately 23 1/2" long from shoulder, crew neck, long sleeves, relaxed fit, pullover style, cotton.  (Model is 5'10")

The details that make this t-shirt a little different is the hems.  Here is a close-up:


If you zoom in a bit on the picture, you can see that the hems are very deep.  I would guess that they are about 2-inches deep.  I do have a pattern from the late 90s with this type of detail.  This type of change is easy to do yourself to a pattern that is already fitted.

As for the jeans it is stated in the listing which jean is shown with the t-shirt, but I think it is the Wyckoff Italian Hertiage 13 oz wide legged jean.  Price tag: $498.00. Details: 12-inch rise, 26-inch inseam, 21 1/2-inch leg opening, high rise, 5 pocket styling, wide legs, full length, button/zip fly, belt loops, cotton/spandex.  (Model is 5'10")

The details on the inseam seam off to me.  Personally, I have a 30-inch inseam and the model is 5-inches taller than me.  The only way to know is to actually find the jeans at a store and try them on or order them.  

I am not going to recommend any patterns for this one.  I would say any t-shirt pattern that you have already fitted that is not a tight fit would work and the same goes to the jeans.  Remember it is the details that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment