Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Time For Change...Home Dec

 We have lived in this house a little over four years now.  I does not seem possible but time flies.  I have never spent much time decorating or reevaluating the decorations/furniture in the living area.  It is kinda an open concept.  The living area has big arched opening to the kitchen and the dining room.   I did get rid of the tables that I had because they really were not working and for now, I am using a bench with a basket under it as a table.  It works for now.  

My husband was looking for projects to do.  So, I suggested that he create the header/curtain holder thing that I wanted.  I had purchased the knobs sometime in the past four years and the project has just been on hold.  Well, it is done and it only took a day or two to complete.  Here is the results:


I am pretty sure that the board is pine.  It has been white washed using the wall paint.  If you have not done this, it is more less taking a small amount of paint and diluting it with equal parts of water and then painting it on and rubbing it off after a given amount of time.  We decide on 10 minutes for this project.  The board has also been roughed up with a chain so that it is not smooth.

Now, it is my turn to get the swag/curtain/whatever you want to call it created.  A deep stash dive found this beautiful piece of silk? that I had purchased long ago at the annual sewing rummage sale in Pittsburgh, PA. Here is a glimpse of the fabric:




I will be leaving this rather rustic with the fringe hanging freely from the selvages and the cut edges, and hemming the top edges so there will be a something for the ties to be attached to.  Here is the finished topper:



I will probably play with it a little because I not sure that I like the way that it is hanging yet.  Also, it might be too close to the wall color.  I will wait for a sunny day to evaluate further.  It is better than what was there previously which was nothing.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment