Monday, March 21, 2022

Inspiration...Slim Knit Pants

 Sometimes you need a comfy pair of pants and I think that I found them.


This is the Eileen Fisher High-Waist Stretch Crepe Slim Ankle Pants. Price tag: $168.00. Details: washable stretch crepe with a wide yoke, approximately 28" inseam, high rise, flat front, slim taped legs, cropped at ankle, viscose/nylon/spandex.

I really like the look of these pants and checked locally to see if any shops had them.  No such luck.  These look like a yoga pant with a higher waist to me.  So, that is where I went:


This is the line drawing of the Silhouette Yoga Pants pattern.  It is very similar to the inspiration photo.  You would need to increase the height of the yoga band. This pattern company has three different yoga pant patterns.


This is the Love Notions Duet Trousers pattern.  It has a yoga pant option.  This pattern is mid-rise so you would need to increase the height of the yoga band.  

With both patterns, you will most likely need to figure out the waistband option so you can find the correct width of elastic.

I do not usually find fabric when I am looking at the inspiration photos but I did this time.  I found a fabric Zelouf Fabrics seemed to have some viscose/nylon/lycra blends.  Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment