Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Sewing Mistakes...

 ...that equal sadness.  It seems like issues just continue to happen this year with my sewing and this is sadly slowing me down.  The skirt project (McCall's 8248) in January should have been very quick but due to the way the skirt was drafted not so quick.  I am still having problems with the hem on one of the skirts and I might throw in the towel on it.  So, then I started a vest for my husband (New Look 6713) thinking it would be reasonable quick once I received the zippers.  Not the case at all.  The zipper length indicated on the pattern is not correct.  Thankfully, it is too long and not too short.  If I had realized it, I could have requested a length modification when I ordered the pattern.  Yes I can modification the zipper myself but if I want to have zippers stop on the zipper, it will cost about 5 times as much as the modification would have cost when ordering.  Another project at a stand still.  Sigh!

Am I the only one that has this sort of issues?  Most likely not.  Is this poor drafting on the pattern?  Yes, I think so.  Obviously, I should have measured the pattern in the beginning but it did not occur to me that the zipper length listed as needed would not be the correct length. I will do pattern reviews for both patterns.

Have you ran into these sorts of problems?  How did you get over you bump in the road?  It is really discouraging when this sort of thing keeps happening over and over. 

Hope your sewing for the first quarter of 2022 has been better than mine.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment