Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Project Revisited...

 Last fall, my son had requested lounge pants.  He told me that he wanted the same size that I had previously made him but with deeper pockets.  That's a pretty easy request.   Here is the post where I documented the lounge pants.

Bear in mind that due to the fabulous year we were having in 2020, I had not seen him since Christmas 2019.  I made the lounge pants as instructions.  Imagine my surprise when I see that the pants are too big in the waist as he had lost 10-15 lbs or so.  He says that he is okay with them the way they are as they will be very comfortable.   Now fast forward a couple of months, he been eating very well (vegetarian) and love having regular meals.  He had previously lived in an area that you could call a food desert as the closest thing to a grocery store that he had was a Dollar General and with the buses not running that was his only option.  His regular access to cheese pizza has disappeared.  He has lost another 10 or 15 lbs.  Now, you know those lounge pants will not stay on him very well and I got tired of seeing the under pants.

I really do not like "fixing" things.  I felt obligated though.  It really did not take long or much effort to fix these pants.  I released the topstitching at the center back seam and pulled the elastic out, made a mark to remove 3-inches of elastic, snipped the elastic, stuffed it back into the waist band, and topstitched the waistband back into place.  How easy is that?  Okay, it did take a couple of days to accomplish but still not a lot of time or effort.    

Now my son has pants that will stay in place for a while longer.  I have no idea if he will continue to lose weight.  I know that the last year has been rough on him.  I do know that the return of the "vegetarian" junk food will not return as long as he is living at my house.  My husband and I have been spending a little more time with helping him to prepare meals.  If you can get the basics of 5 or 6 meals down, he should not feel the need to return to all the previous junk food.  

How do you feel about reworking something you have made?  Do you dread it as I do?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment