Monday, February 8, 2021

Inspiration...Sleeveless Top

 It is time to start giving thought to spring and summer clothes.  I found this little top and yeah, I would wear it:


This is the Valenta Sleeveless Silk Blouse by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $448.00. Details: Picot Bib Front, crew neck, hidden button placket, sleeveless, fluid silhouette, side slit hem, silk, dry clean. 

I know that the hot summer is coming and this style of top is perfect for hot weather.  I'll admit that I was drawn in by the detail of the picot bib front.   Is the detail really called picot?  Here's a little closer look at the detailing:


Okay, I know this is a little hard to see and I am not sure if you can zoom in any further.  However, to me, this detailing looks more like hemstitching done with a wing needle.  Technically, this technic could be used to apply one fabric to another.  This is something that I have never attempted.  Heirloom sewing is an entirely different realm of sewing.   If you want to investigate, look up MarthaPullen on youtube.

As far as patterns go if you have a shirt pattern already fitted, this is the time to use it.  I did find a tutorial for changing a tank top pattern into a top that is similar to the inspiration pattern - tutorial.  This pattern being used is freebie tank pattern.  I used this pattern several times last year and it is very drafted.  

Adding the front detail will take experimenting with the heirloom sewing.  This is what sewing is all about - learning.  I suppose there needs to be some skill there also.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment