Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Lounge Pants...

 Way back in January 2019, I documented making lounge pants for my husband and son from Simplicity 8519.  My son requested another pair this year.  So, what's a Mom to do but make the pants.  I read through the information that I written previously on those particular lounge pants.  I purchased this fabric:


This was a snuggle flannel from JoAnn Fabrics.  It really is a perfect fabric for this type of project but be warned it is narrow.  I purchased 3 yards with the employee giving me the remainder on the bolt which was another yard.  I had 1/3 of  yard left.  After being washed this fabric was 40" wide.  Be aware that this is narrow yardage.

I traced a large, added 3" to the length, lengthened the pockets by 2", and removed the fiddly bits at the front pant opening.  Here are the finished pants with the faux fly:




Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment