Thursday, November 8, 2018

Inspiration...Knit Dress

How do you feel about knit dresses?  Love them, hate them, somewhere in-between?  I found this lovely little number at Neiman Marcus:


This is the St John Collection Short-Sleeved Herringbone Knit Dress.  Price tag:  $1295.00.  Isn't that a heaping amount of money for a knit dress?  No doubt the fabric is fabulous. I love everything about this except the call to the hips by the pockets.  I love pockets in a dress so I would probably figure out a way to have pockets just not the detail that the pockets on this dress has.

I do occasionally see a herringbone knit.  I have never purchased this type of knit but I may well in the future if the color is right.  I did an inspiration post on long-sleeved t-shirts in August. There are a couple of t-shirt patterns mentioned in that post.  If you have a well fitting t-shirt pattern already, that is the way to go and just add some length and the details. Here's an actual t-shirt dress pattern:


This is the Classic T-Shirt Dress pattern by Pamela's Patterns.  This pattern may not be for all but it comes with a ton of options.  I would have to guess that the New Necklines and Sleeves Options pattern would also work with this.  Of course, it you already have the The Perfect T-Shirt pattern by Pamela's Patterns then you can use that pattern. 

Hope your inspired to make something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment