Monday, November 19, 2018

Inspiration...Over-sized Coat

I really like a coat that is big enough to go over your winter clothes.  This does just that.


Now, I really like the look of this coat and could probably even handle the fact that is is pink but this coat is far outside my comfort zone.  This is the Filipo Long Two-Buttoned Cashmere-Wool Coat by Isabel Marant.  Price tag:  $1310.00.  Aren't you glad you can sew?

As for the pattern, I could only find pattern that was similar.  This one:


This is the Marcelle Jacket pattern by Republique du Chiffon.  Although this is a French company, you can purchase some patterns in English. The lapel is a little different but I think that is okay.  Changes would be leave off the lower buttons and change the patch pockets to welt pockets with a flap.  Easy-peasy.

Hope you inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment