Thursday, February 23, 2017

Dress Thoughts.....

Today, I found this Phillip Lim dress at the Neiman Marcus website:


I'm really drawn to the styling on this dress.  I really think that it is the shaping with the plaid and not the ruffles.  I can assure you that it isn't the length.  At $795, this dress isn't even a consideration and my size isn't available.  One of the details on the dress is the outlining of the seams on the bodice/hip and sleeves.  When zooming in, it looks like that detailing is a coverstitch.  You might be able to fake it with a serger flatlocking if you don't own a coverstitch.

I found this McCall's pattern:

This is M7464.  I think it would do pretty good duplicating the Philip Lim dress.  What do you think? The sleeves need to be changed but that isn't particular hard.  The waist needs to be identified.  The Philip Lim version is made with a crepe in the solid area and the plaid isn't identified.

Lots to think about here but I think that I want something made from this pattern.  I think I would need to play with colors to see if I'm still drawn to the styling or if it really is the plaid that I'm drawn to.

Okay, I'm off to see if I have an software that will allow the sort of playing that I'm wanting to do.  I suppose if I don't paper and colored pencils will work.  I want a new dress.  Does anyone know of a software package that would allow the import of the line drawing and then color the portion the way you want?

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment