Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It's All About Knitting....

A week or so ago I found the Wilder book by Kim Hargreaves and fell in love with about 90% of projects.  Here's a look at the front cover:


Amazingly, the cover sweater isn't one of the items I fell for.  I'm not so sure about the fringe.  I suppose it would be easy enough to leave off.  Here's the first project that I'm going to try working on:


Lovely scarf, don't you think?  It has a new to me stitch in it and I'm hoping it doesn't turn out different.  This is a project for when I have a long flight. If I'm lucky, the scarf will get finished on the long flight.  Here's the yarn that I picked:


This is a Rowan Softknit in Flint.  I really wanted the Black shade but there must not have been enough available as the system wouldn't let me order it.  I have never knit with this yarn before.  I hope that I like it.   The next project is a T-shirt:


I looks like it should be fairly straight forward project.  This will be a project for when I'm watching TV or perhaps on a rainy day.  Here's the yarn that I purchased for it:


This is DMC Natura Just Cotton in Rose Soraya.  This was a suggested substitute yarn for another one I was looking at and this color was more of what I was looking for.  Hopefully, I won't be disappointed in this yarn either.

What do you think of my planned projects?  Have you seen the Wilder book?  I'm looking forward to creating several of  the projects in the book.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment