Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wardrobe Updates For Fall and Winter...


The weather is cooling down and the need to warmer clothes is here.  I have pulled out part of the clothing that I set aside at the end of the season last year.  The posts about these purchases/items made can be found here, here, and here.  There was only a couple of  duds and that was the knit top in the first entry with the perfect colors and bad fit, and a black/gray top that I made.  So far, I have added four items to the list:


Grey Cabled Sweater from Kohl's.  I sized up a little bit on the sweater so I could wear it with layers.  I have a rose colored tank that looks nice under it and there is also a pink/gray striped shirt.

A black pair of knit pants by Lee.  These are really very comfortable.  This will give me a second pair of casual black pants.  I hope it isn't too much black.  Is that possible?

 
A Teal Knotted Sweater from Christopher and Banks.  The teal color is leaning more toward the blue side this year and I really love it.  It is hard to resist purchasing everything in this color.


A teal plaid shirt from Christopher and Banks.  This is the perfect shade of teal.  

I purchased one pair of new shoes so far and they are very comfortable.  Meet Janey Mae by Clarks. They are a little on the expensive side but I usually get a couple of years out of the shoes.

I don't know if I'll be purchasing much else besides accessories.  I know I need some rose/pink stuff but that will only be tops of some kind or maybe a scarf.  I would like a couple more skirts.   Hopefully, I can make those.  The only two things I know that I would like to get is a new coat and a new pair of snow boots.  Both of those items will be hard to locate.  I guess I should start looking now.  The last couple of times that I have purchased a coat, I have had to just settle for this is probably good enough.  The last coat was an expensive dud.  It lasted about two seasons before falling apart.

I feel like my winter wardrobe is in pretty good shape.  I will say that following the concept that I started with last year has been fairly liberating.  I have resisted http://sewingdaily.blogspot.com/2014/08/wardrobe-considerationscolors.htmlmany items because they were not in my color scheme.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment