Saturday, October 31, 2015

Butterick Fall/Winter patterns....

You know I love seeing the new patterns come out with each season.  The Butterick release has some lovely retro designs which I can admire. My true love is an unusual design.   Here are my picks from this release:


This is B6296 and it is a Lisette design.  Yes, it is a pajama pattern but note that the pants/shorts is not your typical pull-on pant.  I love that they have pockets.  I may get this just for the pants.  Who doesn't like a nice lounging pant?


This is B6280.  I love the lines of this dress.  It will not be hopping into my cart though because I'm not sure how it would look on a larger bust.  Maybe a solid color would be okay but why purchase something I don't think will work.


This is B6287.  Love, love, love this top.  It might end up in my cart.  I need to see how I can fit this into my wardrobe.  I really like the long-sleeved cowl in View B but I think that the top would be more versatile if the two were separated so that you could wear different scarves with it.  What do you think?

This is B6292.  View D as shown is very nice.  I have already purchased a coat pattern or this would be in my cart.

This is B6301.  This caught my eye because I like to wear vests as an extra layer in the winter.  Yes, it is in the maternity section but the model is showing the non-maternity version.  If you like hoods, you could always add that to the coat.  Overall, this is a nice little looking little pattern.  It may end up in my cart.  Since it is a princess seam, it would help a bit with the alterations.

What do you think of these picks?

Happy  Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment