Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Time Flies When Your Sewing....

Yes, folks, I've been sewing.  Not necessarily as much as I would like to because the project pile continues to grow faster than the output.  Fortunately, it is only patterns that are being purchased and not much in the way of fabric.

Patterns.  Why are they so tempting?  I did pretty good in the spring stitching up some of the patterns that I purchased but that hasn't happened with the new stuff for fall and winter.  I purchased all of the new Silhouettes, and three of the new Vogues (V9156, V9155, V9150).  Thankfully, nothing in the McCall's Winter Catalog was interesting enough to me to purchase.

Sewing.  Oh, I have been sewing.  I have finished the quilt top that I talked about in early August.  I ordered the backing, waited a week for it to show up, and have it washed.  Now, I just need to find an afternoon where I can straighten the fabric, cut it, and stitch it back together to create the correct length/width needed for the quilt.  Here's a glimpse at my next quilting type project:



What do you think of the fabric selections?  I'm hoping to get this little piece of home dec done before Thanksgiving.  I may be running out of time.  I'll share the remaining projects when you as they are completed.  So much to do, so little time.

Knitting.  Oh, yes, the knitting group has started up again for fall. I have completed the knitting of the earwarmer/headband that I started last spring.  Now, I'm starting on matching fingerless gloves. I'm hoping to have those finished before Thanksgiving.

Garden.  I'm sorry.  I have failed to keep up with my garden totals.  I lost part of the information from August when I had to purchase a new laptop and failed to transfer the gardening file across.  Just know that I had many, many pounds of squash, tomatoes, and peppers.  We are still harvesting lettuce, tomatillos, peppers,  and all sorts of greens.  I have planted garlic for next years garden.  Even though it was very hot this past which caused our lettuce crop to fail in a big way, we have the largest squash crop that we have ever had.

Monthly sewing get together.  My sewing buddy has a new quilting frame and we are planning on trying it at the end of the month.  I have a table runner that I made to try the free motion quilting with.  It won't be a disaster if the quilting isn't perfect.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment