Thursday, July 16, 2015

Cooking....Harissa Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with Kale, Chickpeas and Poached Eggs

Oh, yeah, I'm still having fun with the spiralizer and using up those garden veggies.  Here's the newest recipe that I've found:


If hot and spicy are the flavors you like, then this is a good one.  This is Harissa Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with Kale, Chickpeas, and Poached Eggs.  Yum!  This is very tasty.  I did make a couple of changes.  I increased the cumin from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon and probably could have added more.  I also made my own Harissa sauce using dried peppers and garlic from my garden.  I have no idea if my Harissa is hotter than a purchased version.  I can only say that my version was plenty spicy.  I also had to cook the eggs a little bit longer to get them when the egg white was cooked.  Was it a speedy meal?  Absolutely, the cooking time even with adding the additional time for the eggs was probably 20 minutes.  That will definitely increase the sewing time if you're sewing in the summer.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment