Thursday, July 23, 2015

Butterick Fall Patterns....

I'm beginning to feel better about the fall pattern offering.  The new fall Butterick patterns are online and I've found a few interesting items:


The first time is B6240.  Love this dress!  It will definitely be added to the stash with hopes of making something this fall.  You know it is the asymmetric details that have drawn me to this dress.  The only thing that has me a little concerned is that it is one of the patterns with the A-B-C-D cup sizes and in looking at the finished measurements the circumference is different for a/b, c, and d cups.  Really?  The circumference shouldn't change with the cup size.  So, I'm a little confused on how you would ever pick out the correct size.  Anyone used these patterns?



 This is B6245.  I am drawn to this silhouette.  It is a great way to use your see-through fabrics.  Maybe instead of purchasing another pattern, I will follow the directions that Peggy Sagers gave in one of videos on how to re-create this look with an existing pattern.  I have some voile that would work for this type of item.


This is B6233.  I love this silhouette.  It could be very slimming depending on the fabrics used.  I have a pattern very similar to this and made a top from it earlier in the year but it was a big dud.  In fact, that top has already been moved on.  The styling of the two patterns are kinda similar.  I do think that the necklines are very different and that is mostly what I had an issue with.  I will be adding this one to my pattern stash with the intentions of making at least one top.

There are many more cute patterns but I'm really try to pull out the ones that will work for me.  There is still many patterns showcasing zippers and vintage details.  Which patterns are you favorites?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment