Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Wee Bit has been going on....

A wee bit of sewing has been happening.  I decided to try The Perfect T-Shirt by Pamela's Patterns:

This will be my test garment as I haven't tried this pattern before.  I decided to go with a scoop neck and 3/4 length sleeves.  Here's my fabric:


I'm not sure what it is but I'm leaning toward a polyester. However, it is very stretchy and has was a wonderful bubbly texture.  I found it while I was digging through the stash.  I'm hoping that I actually end up with a wearable item.   I'll post a pic when it's done.

I haven't returned to my pillow that I started in February yet.  I will get it finished before the first of June though.

I've been enjoying the wonderful weather that we have been having. The flowers are blooming.  This is about 1 1/2 months earlier than normal. The daily walks have been really nice.  I didn't realize how much I missed walking every day.

The spring weather has also gotten me into a major spring cleaning mood.  I started with the spare bedroom which has been a dumping ground for a long time.  I have cleared the closet (mostly), moved furniture around, vacuumed and dusted.  There is still a lot to do in that room as my next step was to clean other closets and you know where that ended up.  I plan on having a charity come to the house to pick up the excess stuff that I have.  When everything is boxed up, I will schedule a pick-up.

Today, I also made time to go shopping.  I do not like shopping very much but sometimes you have to do it.  I started with purchasing a pair of shoes:

This is a pair of Clark's. I have been wanting to get these since they first showed up at Macy's and I almost didn't get them.  Macy's was sold out when I went to get them but the Clark store had one pair left in my size.  The 2 1/2" heel is a little bit taller than what I am use to wearing but I think it will be Ok.  I walk around in the store for a long time before I bought them.  The shoes just got me started.  Then, I headed over to the Christopher Banks.  I was there yesterday and thought there were many items I wanted to try on.  Today, not so much.  I did end up with a skirt, three tops, and a bracelet.  One of the tops was a white t-shirt with a interesting ribbing treatment.  I hope it still looks interesting by the end of summer.  All in all, not a bad shopping day.

I have found some interesting blogs recently.  I have added the Fashion Sewing Blog to my list on the left under Websites.  There are sew-alongs there. The TV site has many techniques.  Great place for beginners (or not) to learn.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment