Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another day or two

The Singer 160 has been returned.  I really didn't need the machine.  I just wanted it.  Does anyone else do this kind of thing?  Although I will say that the Singer customer support isn't very good.  I sent an email detailing the problems that I was having with the 160, detailing what I had done, and requesting information on service in my area.  I received an email about 2 weeks later (a little slow) telling me what page number in the machine that described how the needle threader worked.  The machine had already been returned at this point but they didn't really answer my questions.   Really? Pointer at the little 10 page manual for instructions on using the needle threader after I told that NO parts moved when the needle threading button was engaged. 

I haven't done any sewing since I played with the 160.  I have been slowly cleaning up the entire sewing/office/study room though and that is a big plus.  I just wish I had more organizing space.  I know I will get it figured out eventually.  In the meantime, I had been dreaming of spring/summer sewing.  I done with winter.  I'll show my projects as I get them done or as I'm working on them.  Yes, I'm still working on going through the Sew Modern Book and it will play into my spring/summer sewing a little bit.

Yesterday, I decided to hop into Kohl's and see what was being offered for spring. So many pretty things but nothing really jumped out at me.  There were a couple of tops that I might go back and get.  I wonder over to the lingerie department to look at bras.  UGH!  When the bra sizing change to S-M-L-XL?  or 36C/38B?  I'm sorry I thought SML was sizing for sports bras so the girls could be squished.  I know that the C/B cup sizing is correct but really can a person who wears a 36 band wear a 38 band and be comfortable?  I don't think so.  No, I don't remember brands these bras were but I'll look the next time I'm at Koh's.  I really want to get some new t-shirt bras but I'm not willing to go SML or any other mixed sizing.  The companies will lose my business.  Yes, folks, if I can't find what I'm looking for in a bra, I will make every effort to make my own.  This is not really anything that I had really considered but you will not find this 36? wearing a 36?/38? because I know that if that band that will supposedly fit either size will not.  There isn't anything more uncomfortable than wearing a bra that has to pulled down because the band is tooo big. This has GOT to be a decision made by a MAN.  LOL

OK, enough of my rant. 

2 comments:

  1. I found this site for complaining about your Singer 160: http://reviews.singerco.com/7010/2228/reviews.htm
    Maybe this will help you? It is a cute machine, manufactured in Viet Nam with plastic shell. I hope you can get yours to work properly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I did end up returning it. I contacted customer service to see if there was anyone locally who could work on the machine and they never answered me. So, I decided to return it during the 30 day return period. It was a very cute machine and had a good set of basic stitches on it. I just don't have the time/energy to spend working with it.

    ReplyDelete