Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Still not sewing ..

I'm still not sewing any. However, I have been buying fabric. Am I the only person who does that? Buys fabric when they're not sewing. It is nice to see new fabrics from time to time.

I have been keeping very busy with my store. I've started receiving fabrics and that takes a little more time to deal with. Hope it goes well. I have been crocheting. About two years, I crocheted a string bag for shopping. However, I didn't particularly like bag. With the leftovers from this bag, I made one dishcloth. I may not have liked the bag but I loved the dishcloth and it turned out that my DH liked it, too. It finally wore out. So, in the evening for the past few weeks, I have been crocheting dishcloths. Lots of dishcloths! I think I'm up to 8 or 9 now. I've decided that I'm going to give some away to friends. Here's peek:


Certainly not anything fancy. Instructions right off the cotton ball. However, I do make them smaller than the directions. I made one that was full size and it's really hard to handle. The instructions state to start with 42 stitches and I'm using 32 stitches. Below are the different ones that I've made so far.

I really prefer the lighter colored yarns for this but as you can see I've been experimenting with various colors. It is very relaxing to create these in the evening. I've made so many that I don't need instructions now and I've reduced the time for each from 2 to 3 days to a couple of hours.
I've also been keeping busy the past few days with this:
Isn't it pretty? I love seeing the trees covered with snow. However, this was tooooo much snow. I think the area averaged 21". I measured in the middle of my driveway and it was 16". It took us 4 to 5 hours with breaks to clear the driveway and sidewalk. We are fortunate that we still have power but there were a couple of uh-oh moments.
As I look out the window now, I realize that that it has been snowing since noon and I need to go shovel the driveway again. I hope I can get it up and over the current mounds of snow that are already there.
Happy Sewing! (or just creating)

No comments:

Post a Comment