Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What have I been sewing?

I haven't been sewing much. My store has been keeping me busy. So, I thought that I would share some of the items that I made in December.

Here's the Christmas napkins that I made in December:



The hardest part of these project was drawing the pattern. I was able to get 6 napkins from 2 yards of fabric and 2 packages of ric rac. I still have enough fabric left to make 6 more napkins. I have a matching fabric to make placemats. Of course, I just didn't find time before the holidays to get them finished. However, I have a till Thanksgiving to get them finished. Let's see if I can get them done.

I also made a little drawstring bag for my nephew:

I got the idea for this project from a sewing project that my son did at school. Yes, our school district has sewing classes for the 6th graders. Basically, it's a half a yard of fabric with 3 yards of cording. I had to change construction just a little bit because the fabric was directional. There are lots of freebie directions around on the internet for drawstring backpacks.

That's it for December sewing. I have started re-working my corduroy skirt. Let's see if I can finish it within the next week or so.

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment