I was unhappy to find out that this new toy only fits one of my machines. The ankle on my older machine is just a wee bit too wide. Ooops! This meant that I would have to find the manual for the new machine. I had no idea how to get the feed dogs down. Well, I got it all figured out and two buttons sewn on. Not sure that I like this foot. I think that I will need to play with it some more but first impression is that it's not worth the money that was spent on it. Here's a pic of the back of the second button that was done:
Sorry for the bad pic but you can see that it turned out very messy. I suppose it could have been something with the machine not being threaded correctly but I really don't think so. Since I had the new machine up and going I finished the mending using that machine. Let me tell you, if felt really strange to have to look up everything that I wanted to do and have to figure out how to do it. However, I can use the blindstitch on the machine now. Hopefully, I will remember how when it comes time to do it next time.
Now, it's on to some real sewing but I don't know what it will be. Maybe a skirt for me or a pullover for my son with embroidery. The item for my son would probably make me use more functions on the machine and even get out the embroidery unit which has only been out two times since I got the machine. I'm afraid that I will have forgotten everything that I knew about machine embroidery. I'll make the decision in the next couple of days. In a week, we will be heading to Nevada, Arizona, and Utah. So, I really don't have a lot of time to sew anything before we leave.