Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Jacket is Done!!!

Here's the Ottobre jacket that I made for my son's Halloween costume. It was made using Ottobre 01/2005 #28. I had to enlarge and lengthen the pattern so it would fit my son but now I have a pattern that fits him and I can make jackets for him (at least until the next growth spurt). I also changed the pockets to include flaps. My son is very proud of his jacket. He says that he feels just like Indiana Jones in it. The only thing that I would change on the jacket if I were to redo it would be to use a better fabric and change the height of the pocket.
Now, it's off to make the whip holder and the bag. The bag has been drafted. I am hoping that the first one works well enough.
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment