Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Recipe...Spicy Zucchini Soup

Yes, it's that time of year when zucchini and other summer squash as plentiful.  Sooo very plentiful that the neighbors don't want to see you coming.  So what do you do with all the great produce from the garden?  Look for new recipes!  I found a winner with this recipe.


This is Spicy Zucchini Soup and it is very good.  Not only does it use up the extra zucchini from the garden but it uses hot peppers and cilantro, too.  As usually, I didn't follow the directions exactly.  The changes that I made were minor but I didn't want to go to the store to pick up any ingredients.  Here are the changes that I made:

1.  substituted dried bread crumbs for the day old bread
2.  skipped the mint because I don't grow this type of mint and didn't want to make a trip to the grocery store for it
3.  used a whole jalapeno pepper

This makes a very nice creamy soup.  Since it is mostly veggies, it is fairly low in calories.  I would image that it would still be good soup without the hot pepper.

This also makes a fairly large quantity of soup which would make it a time saver.  This will result in more time for sewing or other hobbies.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment