Monday, January 26, 2015

Wardrobe Considerations Going Forward...

Here it is closing in on the end of January, the weather is coldish and I'm dreaming of spring.  So I've decided to start thinking about the spring/summer wardrobe.  No, I'm most likely not finished creating cold weather items but a little planning goes a long way.  My first real attempt at wardrobe planning was last fall.  I mostly purchased and used existing wardrobes pieces.  There was only one item that was purchased that wasn't loved.  Not bad for a first attempt.  There are still many wardrobes holes but I think that probably always exists.

Do you every visit Stitcher's Guild?  There are so many conversions regarding wardrobes.  There are many sew alongs. One that has always intrigued me is the SWAP contest. In general you product 11 garments. That is a lot of planning and sewing to do over 3 or 4 months.  For me, the 6PAC sew along would probably be more likely to be completed over a 3 month time period.  There is a 6PAC with every season.  This allows for giving yourself a little wardrobe boost.  I'm hoping to participate in the spring 6pac sew along.

Other conversions include "How much is too much?".  This is a good thought provoking question.  There are some bloggers that I see creating two or three garments a week.  I always wonder what they do with all those clothes. You rarely hear whether the items are wardrobe dudes or not.  No matter how big your closet is at some point it is going to become full.

So, how do you know that you have enough clothing?  Everyone has some sort of list of activities that have to be accounted for --- going to work, going to church, going to the gym, casual wear, sleeping,  date night wear, special attire for wedding, funerals, etc. I'm sure that others can add addition categories.  Some categories can mix. Some categories can't mix.  For me, sleep wear and going to the gym wear do not mix with any other category. However, I do think that the rest of the categories could be mixed somewhat.

What are your thoughts on wardrobe planning?  Do you actual plan out a coordinated wardrobe whether purchasing or making?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment