Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! and Projects from December 2013

Happy New Year!  Can you believe it is 2014?

Sewing was an accomplishment in December and frankly, I was surprised at how much was accomplished. Here’s the list:

 First up is an OOP McCall’s 3343 skirt VB –


I made it in light grey wool and lined it with a light gray lining.  The skirt pattern doesn’t have a lining with it.  The pattern was very easy to create a lining using the existing pattern pieces. 


The fabric and the lining were from my huge stash.  I did have to convince myself that I didn’t need to continue saving it.  If I lose weight, I will make more.  This is a big plus in my book as the stash in now down about 3 yards. 

Second project was the Round Folded Star Hot Pad pattern by Plum Easy. Here it is:


Here’s my version:


This was the craft project for the month.  A friend and I get together once a month and do something.  This was a nice project.  We both had everything cut out and ready to go.  Start to finish was 2 ½ to 3 hours.  I’m ready to make more for seasonal decoration in the kitchen.  This was also a stash project.  It didn’t reduce the stash by much.  Maybe  2 or 3 fat quarters.

Third project was the Easy Striped Table Runner pattern by Quilt Company P:


Here’s my version:


This was fun to make even if it took me a little while to get to it after I cut it out. I quilted it with perle cotton using big stitches.  This technique really needs a thimble.

Fourth project was a new cover for a butterfly chair where I used the existing cover as the pattern:


My son picked the colors.  Yes, it had to be Steeler colors and it had to have the stripe.  I was a little bit worried that the machine I had at work would not have the umph to make it through all the layers of canvas but it wasn’t a problem.

I also finished a crotchet project before Christmas. Here it is:


I found this project in “Crochet One-Skein Wonders” by Judith Durant & Edie Eckman.  Yarn was Patons Lace Sequins in Crystal.  Love the yarn that I used.

I do have four projects planned to January. The first will be another skirt from the same OOP McCall’s pattern but a view D with the double pleated front.   I’m also thinking that I want to change the waist area from a facing to a binding.  I need to locate the instructions for doing that. The second will be completing a dress I started last year and then promptly lost the collar which put it on hold.  Not much left to do.  The third project will be another one of the butterfly chair covers.  It will be a matching one to the one above and shouldn’t take too long to do since I have everything figured out how to do now. The fourth will be a cover for a step stool. I guess there is a fifth item and that will be the monthly craft/sewing project. This has not been decided on yet.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment