Saturday, January 25, 2014

I haven't been sewing but...

..I have been adding to the fabric/pattern stash.  What can I say?  I know I was wanting to decrease the stash but something things just happen.  I still have lots of time to work on the decrease, right?  Ok, here's what I've been up.  I purchased a RTW vest with front in-seam pockets, zip up the front, and a stand-up collar.  LOVE this vest but the fabric is horrible.  It is a fleece that sheds everything I put it on.  So, I went on a search to find a similar vest pattern and found it:



Oh, yes, View B is exactly what I was looking for.  However not wanting to pay full price, I wanted patiently for someone to have a sale.

I also fell in love with the dress on Pinterest:


Doesn't it look like a nice comfy summery dress?   I did have to search for the pattern number and finally found it S1652.  I suspect that this will be a bit of trial and error on my part because it is an Amazing Fit pattern and I don't usually have great luck with them.  Trial and error will come from the stash and then I will find a great looking fabric to wear. The pattern sale was found at Pattern Review.
Then, I saw this top from Sew Liberated:


I just had to have it.  I think it will be a nice summery top also.  It has two variations.  I hope it works out.

I went to JoAnn's to pick up some lining fabric for the brown wool skirt that I have been wanting to make and  I did find a wonderful sweater knit:


 It is more of a fuchsia color than the purple that is showing but it will go with the gray wool skirt that I made last month.  The only thing is I don't know what pattern will work with this type of fabric.  I think it should be rather simple to let the fabric do the speaking but I have never sewn a sweater knit before.  Maybe I will use a simple t-shirt pattern.  Any suggestions?

Well, the sewing room has warmed up enough to sew.  I'm hoping to get either a UFO completed or start the brown wool skirt.  Maybe I'll get lucky and do both.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment