Friday, January 10, 2014

Sewing Schedule...

I posted the items that I wanted to complete in the month of January and I don't think that I will make it.  Why?  I haven't sewn anything yet this month.  The cold weather kept me out of the sewing area.  There just wasn't any way to get it warm enough to be comfortable.  I know that was only 3 or 4 days total.  Things that I have been doing:

1.  Reading the Threads magazine that arrived:

There is an excellent article on Tucks in this issue.  There is a video at Threads - How to Sew and Press Tucks. It doesn't contain as much information as the article but it is a good start.

2.  I received a Certificate of Graduation from Superior Threads:



How cool is that?  I didn't realize that I would get a certificate when I decided to take part in the Superior University.  I do enjoy this sort of education.  Any one know of any other classes of this kind?

3.  I also received the first season of Fit 2 Stitch since the local PBS station doesn't appear to be carry the new sewing show by Peggy Sagers.  So far, I have watched 3 of the 13 shows.  Those shows are Bodice & Darts, Skirts for all Ages, and Sleeves.  There is some really good information in these three shows.  Since I'm planning on making another skirt this month, I'm going to re-watch the Skirts for all Ages show and apply that information to the next skirt.  Skirts are my favorite item to make.

Well, that is the only sewing related items that have kept me busy.  Work and just life has kept me busy, too.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment