Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Inspiration...Turtleneck Top

 This top intrigued me.  It definitely has a casual vibe to it.


This is the Lafayette 148 New York Mixed Media Drop-Shoulder Turtleneck Top. Price tag: $998.00.  Details:  turtleneck, long sleeves, drop shoulders, oversized fit, pullover style, approximately 30-inches from shoulder to hem.  For reference, the model is 5'10".  This can be found on the Neiman Marcus website.

I know this is another over sized top but you really need to check out the "turtleneck".  It reminds me of cozy sweatshirt with a bit style.  When I saw the neckline, I had all kinds of ideas on create the top with a similar neckline.  

I think the Cowl Top pattern by Loes Hinse Designs would be perfect.  The pattern is available on the casual elegance website.  Replace the cowl with a handknit neckband.  Finding a cozy fabric should not be too hard.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful. 

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. I also find this turtleneck top very interesting. I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. Maybe finish off the neckband in the regular way, and then crochet a base chain around the edge? And then pick up and knit a rib band around the neck? Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably play with the fabric a little bit before doing on an actual top but yes, essentially. When I was young, my Grandmother showed me how to add decorations to towels with a crochet hook and I was going to attempt that. Of course, it could be much harder to do than I think it is but it is always fun to try.

      Delete